Infusion Nurses Certification Corporation
CRNI® Recertification by Continuing Education (CE)
To recertify by CE, you must submit three items in the final year of your certification cycle:
- A recertification by CEU application
- Payment for your recertification fee
- Submission of all 40 Recertification units (RUs) required for CRNI® recertification
Please note– there are now three different recertification periods. See deadlines and associated fees below.
FOR ALL CRNI® S WHO PASSED
THE CRNI® EXAM PRIOR TO 2018
FOR ALL CRNI®S WHO PASSED
THE MARCH EXAM IN 2018 OR LATER
FOR ALL CRNI®S WHO PASSED
THE SEPTEMBER EXAM IN 2018 OR LATER
CRNI® Recertification Units (RUs) Requirements
CRNI®s choosing to recertify by continuing education need a total of 40 RUs, of which at least 30 must be obtained by attending an INS Meeting (live or online). For your convenience, these options are shaded in green, they meet the INS Meeting requirement. The other 10 RUs may be obtained from a combination of any of the unshaded options including our popular webinars found in the INS LEARNING CENTER. Unshaded options fall under the non-INS Meeting category and they each have unique requirements and limitations. To see shaded and unshaded RU options and to learn about each option, click here.
Uploading CRNI® Recertification Units (RUs)
The 40 RUs earned during your 3-year certification cycle must be submitted upon completion of a recertification application and submission of your recertification fee. Your recertification application will be available in the final year of your cycle. RUs earned at INS national meetings will automatically be recorded in your CRNI® Certification profile. Please note–RUs submitted are reviewed by an INCC staff member and approved in the order they are received.
To complete an application and submit your RUs:
- Log in to your INS account to access your CRNI® Certification Profile located in the Certification Menu tab under Certification Management.
- Complete the Recertification by CEU application by selecting “Click to Register”, then choose the recertification by CEU link.
- Submit all external RUs through your CRNI® Certification Profile. Add a scanned copy of your Certificate of Completion for each RU activity.
The Infusion Nurses Society (INS) is an international nonprofit organization representing infusion nurses and other clinicians who are engaged in the specialty practice of infusion therapy.
Join Today >
One Edgewater Drive
Norwood, MA 02062
Phone: (781) 440-9408
Fax: (781) 440-9409